Three different producers for “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” have resigned from their positions amid allegations of a dysfunctional workplace, sexual misconduct and racially insensitive remarks, according to Breitbart News.
Executive producers Ed Glavin and Kevin Leman and co-executive producer Jonathan Norman have “parted ways” with the show, according to a spokesperson for producer Warner Bros.
BuzzFeed News reportedly interviewed 36 ex-staffers for the show, and each person said they witnessed improper and unfair treatment.
Most of the allegations were tied to executive producers and senior managers, including Glavin, Leman and Norman, BuzzFeed News said.
In statements to BuzzFeed News after the July 30 story was published online, Leman denied “any kind of sexual impropriety” and Norman said he categorically denied the accusations.
DeGeneres sent a memo to her staff after last month’s BuzzFeed article, recalling her early promise of ensuring a workplace where “everyone would be treated with respect.” Something changed, she said, “and for that, I am sorry.”
Although not all of the allegations were corroborated, the studio said it was “disappointed that the primary findings of the investigation indicated some deficiencies related to the show’s day-to-day management.”
More from Breitbart:
The people making the claims against them were not identified.
Do You Like This Artice? Give Us Feedback 👇
A representative for Leman didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment Monday. Representatives for Glavin and Norman couldn’t immediately be found.
DeGeneres informed staff of the shakeup Monday in a video conference call, according to Variety, which first reported the development. She said she found claims about the show’s environment to be “heartbreaking,” the trade publication said, citing unidentified sources.
— Advertisement —
In a separate July statement, Warner Bros. said parent company WarnerMedia’s investigation revealed what it called “some flaws in the show’s daily management.”