🚨 POLL: Has Gov. Whitmer Gone Too Far?

Don't miss out!
Invalid email address
By submitting, you agree to our Privacy Policy & Terms.

🚨 POLL: Has Gov. Whitmer Gone Too Far?


💥 Click To Text Your Answer 👇


According to The Detriot News, Michigan Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer is backing down after a pro-life activist filed a federal lawsuit against her and the Detroit police.

On March 31, Andrew Belanger and a slew of other pro-life activists were holding signs in front of Scotsdale Women’s Center and Family Planning. At least 8 police arrived to the scene and threatened them with jail if they did not leave the premises.

According to the police, they were violating Whitmer’s stay-at-home order. Like a number of states however, Whitmer is allowing abortion clinics to remain open as essential businesses.

Although the stay-at-home order allows people to be outside, the police officers said that the activity was not essential.

Whitmer’s orders have become increasingly strict, forcing residents to remain in their homes and stop traveling between residences.

During a news conference on Thursday Whitmer, “All public and private gatherings of any size are prohibited.”

“People can still leave the house for outdoor activities.”
More from The Blaze:

A week after that ticket was issued, Whitmer “clarified” her stay-home order to exempt those engaging in activity protected by the First Amendment, the Detroit News reported.

You see, Belanger filed a federal lawsuit against Whitmer and Detroit police shortly after the citation, the paper said. Robert Muise, a lawyer for Belanger, added to the News that his client would view the lawsuit’s goals “accomplished” if the city agreed to dismiss the citation.



Do You Like This Artice? Give Us Feedback 👇



Whitmer’s office on April 3 said the governor had carefully considered the orders and was “confident that these actions are lawful and necessary to protect the health and safety of Michiganders during this unprecedented public health emergency,” the paper reported.

Last week, Whitmer’s office clarified online that “persons may engage in expressive activities” as long as they comply with social distancing measures, the News noted. The addendum also “made clear what was always the case: that the constitutional protections remain in place and the governor is fully committed to protecting them,” Whitmer spokeswoman Tiffany Brown told the paper.

Earlier this month Whitmer’s administration requested an emergency supply of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine — the anti-malarial drugs touted by President Donald Trump — just one week after she sent a notice to physicians demanding they not prescribe the drugs to treat COVID-19 patients.