Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

U.S. News

Capitol Riot Sentencing: Proud Boys Member Gets 6 Years in Prison After Confronting Judge

via Youtube

A Proud Boys member who stormed the U.S. Capitol was sentenced to six years in prison after insulting the judge during his sentencing.

Prosecutors described him as one of the least remorseful rioters and stated that he had planned for another violent attack in Portland.

Representing himself, he displayed anti-government rhetoric and defiance, refusing to present a defense during his trial.

“You can give me 100 years and I’d do it all over again,” Marc Bru said.

“That’s the definition of no remorse in my book,” Chief Judge James Boasberg said.

The man’s actions and statements indicate further radicalization and defiance since the Capitol riot.

“He wanted a repeat of January 6, only he implied this time would be more violent,” prosecutors wrote.

“I don’t accept any of your terms and conditions,” Bru said. “You’re a clown and not a judge.”

“Bru appears to have envisioned and been planning for a true armed insurrection, and from his post-conviction comments, he appears only to have become further radicalized and angry since then,” prosecutors wrote.

This case is part of the broader legal action against individuals involved in the Capitol riot, with over 1,200 people charged and more than 750 sentenced so far.

Read Also:

Olympic Athlete Suddenly Dies At 34

Shock Audio Released In Bribery Scandal Against Kari Lake

You May Also Like

Politics

President Joe Biden delivered a speech during the signing ceremony of a proclamation to establish the “Emmett Till and Mamie Till-Mobley National Monument” in...

Politics

The ex-husband of First Lady Jill Biden is speaking out about serious concerns with “the Biden crime family.” Delaware businessman Bill Stevenson sat down...

Politics

Joe Biden’s 2020 presidential campaign repeatedly insisted that he had no involvement in his son Hunter’s overseas business dealings. “I have never spoken to...

U.S. News

A 911 call was made from former President Barack Obama’s Martha’s Vineyard estate after a 45-year-old man struggled for his life. Just yards away...