OPINION | This article contains opinion. AnalyzingAmerica is licensed to publish this content.
Nancy Pelosi was hoping to use the one-year anniversary of January 6th to bash President Donald Trump, but she was quickly met with an unpleasant surprise.
The mother of 14-year U.S. military veteran Ashli Babbit, who was a Trump supporter and the only person intentionally killed on Capitol Hill that day, showed up to remember her daughter and confront those like Pelosi who continue to push a false narrative about that day.
Babbit, who was unarmed and gave no indication was violence, was shot and killed as protesters broke a window in a corridor near the House chambers.
Her mother, Micki Witthoeft, says Pelosi is responsible for her daughter’s death as the congresswoman in Babbit’s home state.
Witthoeft passed out flyers with photographs of Babbit that called for “Justice for Jan 6th.”
“My daughter was a California constituent, and Nancy Pelosi not only, I feel like, orchestrated the death of my daughter,” she said.
“The Capitol Police should be held accountable like every other police department in the country,” she also said.
On January 6th, a total of five people died. This includes Ashli Babbitt, was shot and killed by police. One person died of a drug overdose. And three people died of natural causes.
Top Democrats like Pelosi have continued to push a false narrative that the events of January 6, 2021 were an organized attempt by Trump to overturn the presidential election result.
The only problem is that an extensive FBI investigation found “no evidence that he Trump or people directly around him were involved in organizing the violence, according to the four current and former law enforcement officials.”
On the contrary, there is strong evidence that roughly 96% of cases were “one-off incidents” and only 4% could be tied to various militia-type groups. These groups were still not centrally coordinated.
The new report vindicates Trump as being falsely linked to allegedly inciting or organizing the events of Jan. 6th and wrongfully banned by social media platforms.
A former senior law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation explained, “Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases. Then you have five percent, maybe, of these militia groups that were more closely organized,” he added.
“But there was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages,” he concluded.
Watch the clip:
More from Townhall:
This new revelation that runs opposite most of the liberal media and Democrat narratives about January 6 comes after federal officials arrested more than 500 alleged participants in the course of their investigation but turned up no central plot organized by President Trump or his administration…
The only coordination, then, was among smaller groups of organizations not directly affiliated with President Trump and his administration. “Cells of protesters, including followers of the far-right Oath Keepers and Proud Boys groups, had aimed to break into the Capitol,” Reuters reports, “But they found no evidence that the groups had serious plans about what to do if they made it inside, the sources said.”
The FBI has subsequently filed conspiracy charges against 40 individuals who allegedly engaged in some form of planning, though “so far prosecutors have steered clear of more serious, politically-loaded charges that the sources said had been initially discussed by prosecutors, such as seditious conspiracy or racketeering.” Rather, “conspiracy charges that have been filed allege that defendants discussed their plans in the weeks before the attack and worked together on the day itself. But prosecutors have not alleged that this activity was part of a broader plot.”