OPINION | This article contains opinion. AnalyzingAmerica is licensed to publish this content.
🚨 Are we doing a good job? | Send A Tip
The Daily Wire reports that Kamala Harris made numerous false or misleading statements about Mike Pence during the debate.
The following comments were made by Harris during the debate:
1. HARRIS: “The president said [coronavirus] was a hoax.”
2. HARRIS: “The American people know that Joe Biden will not ban fracking. That is a fact. That is a fact.”
3. HARRIS: “Joe Biden is the one who, during the Great Recession, was responsible for the Recovery Act that brought America back. And now, the Trump-Pence Administration wants to take credit when they rode the coattails of Joe Biden’s success for the economy that they had at the beginning of their term. Of course, now the economy is a complete disaster, but Joe Biden on the one hand did that. On the other hand, you have Donald Trump who has reigned over a recession that is being compared to the Great Depression.”
4. HARRIS: “[The Obama-Biden Administration] created within the White House an office that basically was responsible for monitoring pandemics. [The Trump-Pence Administration] got rid of it.”
5. HARRIS: “And on the other side, there were neo-Nazis carrying Tiki torches, shouting racial epithets, anti-Semitic slurs. And Donald Trump when asked about it said, ‘There were fine people on both sides.’”
🚨JOE BIDEN IS LYING🚨
After Charlottesville, President Trump said, "I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally."pic.twitter.com/qCOhDu0x3r
— Abigail Marone 🇺🇸 (@abigailmarone) September 30, 2020
More from The Daily Wire:
The 90-minute debate in Salt Lake City came after President Donald Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden squared off in their first debate last week. The debate between Pence and Harris was significantly more civil with fewer interruptions from both candidates and less interference from the moderator.
Many of the “fact-checks” that were published after the debate focused almost exclusively on comments that Pence made and most ignored comments that Harris made. For example, ABC News published a fact-check report that evaluated 12 statements made by Pence, but only one statement made by Harris. CBS News evaluated six statements made by Pence and only three made by Harris. Other fact checks that were available online were done in a similar way.
Biden, and Harris, have both repeatedly expressed support for getting rid of fracking. Biden has said that there would be “no” place in his administration for fossil fuels in his administration and he would make sure they are “eliminated.” Biden also is on video saying, “I guarantee you we’re going to end fossil fuels.”
— Advertisement —
Harris, on the other hand, said during a CNN town hall that “there’s no question I’m in favor of banning fracking.”