BREAKING: St. Louis Couple Who Defended Home Now Have Their Rifle Seized After Authorities Execute A Search Warrant

OPINION | This article contains commentary which reflects the author's opinion.

OPINION | This article contains opinion that reflects the author's views.
🚨 Are we doing a good job? | Send A Tip

The St. Louis couple who took up arms to defend their home from protesters now have their rifle sized by authorities, according to Fox News.

Authorities in St. Louis executed a search warrant at the couple’s home and took the weapon.

Despite taking the weapon, the couple was not arrested or charged with any crime, the report adds. The warrant applied only to a search for the guns, Fox News reported.

Moreover, their pistol that was held in the confrontation was taken and remains in the possession of their attorney.

The couple’s names are Mark and Patricia McCloskey. They mad headlines last month when they took up arms to defend their home from protesters.

Citing information from a source, police seized the rifle that Mark McCloskey was shown holding during the June 28 incident, KSDK-TV of St. Louis reported.

The couple’s attorney, Joel Schwartz, confirmed a search warrant was issued at 8 p.m. Friday.

Schwartz would not confirm if authorities took anything from the home and said he was unaware of the location of the couple’s handgun, KSDK reported. The couple had used another attorney prior to Schwartz who may still have the handgun or it may have been turned over to authorities.

The couple’s new lawyer also said he hopes to meet with Gardner’s office next week but said no appointment had yet been scheduled, according to KSDK.

More from Fox News:

In the June incident, Patricia McCloskey said, the couple was startled just before dinnertime when “300 to 500 people” entered the gated community where they live.

“[They said] that they were going to kill us,” Patricia McCloskey told Hannity on Monday night. “They were going to come in there. They were going to burn down the house. They were going to be living in our house after I was dead, and they were pointing to different rooms and said, ‘That’s going to be my bedroom and that’s going to be the living room and I’m going to be taking a shower in that room’.””

— Advertisement —

The couple said protesters also threatened to harm their dog, which was outside the home at the time.

The protesters claimed they were passing the McCloskeys’ home while heading toward the home of Mayor Lyda Krewson, to demonstrate there.

Soon after the June incident, Kimberly Gardner, circuit attorney in St. Louis, announced that her office and the St. Louis Police Department would be conducting an investigation into the McCloskeys’ display of firearms.

The couple’s attorney at the time, Albert Watkins, said in a statement that the couple did not arm themselves until after they began feeling threatened.

“My clients didn’t sit on their front stoop with guns. … No firearms were on them at the time that they, were, as property owners standing in front of their home,” Watkins said at the time. “It was not until they basically were in a position of seeing and observing violence, recklessness, lawbreaking, and knowing that the police were not going to be doing anything.”

🙏 Donate to Support Us | Big tech is trying to silence us. Help us fight back! Thank you for your support! 🇺🇸


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here